Jean Cocteau customized his dedications with drawings. He used to repeat the outline of a man, traced in one movement ; the line ending on the single first name Jean. Cocteau always signed with his trademark, a star.
The many variations of those dedications could, by their specifities, be worthy of a book.
Currently, the Librairie Loliée offers various original editions with drawings by Cocteau :
- Le Potomak, Paris, Stock, 1924, on Vergé paper
- Les Enfants Terribles, Paris, Grasset, 1929, on Alfa paper
- Morceaux Choisis, Paris, Gallimard, 1932, edition on common paper (in the dedication, Cocteau apologizes for sending a common and not deluxe edition)
- Les Chevaliers de la Table Ronde, Paris, Gallimard, 1937, on Alfa paper
- Les Monstres Sacrés, Paris, Gallimard, 1940, on Madagascar paper, H.C.
- La fin du Potomak, Paris, Gallimard, 1940, on Madagascar paper